Safety Program Development
OSHA regulations require that employers develop written safety policies and procedures for managers and employees to use as guidelines. The development of a documented and effective safety and health program that exactly fits the needs of an organization is critical to the success of any company. The benefit of an effective program is that it will not only aid an employer in protecting their employees from workplace related injuries and illnesses, it can also reduce the costs associated with those injuries and illnesses while at the same time improve employee morale and productivity.
Why should you develop a documented health and safety program?
- To comply with local, state and federal regulations for your industry
- To minimize occupational risks and hazards that can lead to workplace
injuries and illnesses
- To reduce excessive costs associated with workplace injuries and
- Workmen's Compensation Insurance rates
- Lost time associated with workplace injuries and illnesses
- Fines imposed by regulatory agencies
- Costs associated with potential contractor liabilities
- To improve employee morale and resulting productivity
Here's how National Safety Services safety program development service works.
National Safety Services Professionals can partner with your organization to develop written health and safety programs that are tailor made for you operations. Our occupational health and safety professionals can customize a program for you that is practical, cost-effective and easy to follow and that meets the requirements of local, state and federal regulatory agencies. We undertake these projects for our clients through means of a comprehensive review of your current state of OSHA compliance. This review takes the form of an analysis of your company's operations and interviews with your key personnel. Our findings are then compared to the compliance requirements for companies in your specific industry as stipulated by OSHA. Once this review, interview and data collection process is complete, we will submit for your review a working draft of the program document for comment and revision. At the conclusion of this stage we will deliver to you a final document, both in hardcopy format as well as electronic format.
Examples of those programs that may be required for your organization include:
- General Safety Compliance Requirements for current employees and new hires (i.e. compliance, training and accident reporting procedures and requirements)
- General Office Safety Compressed gas storage and handling
- Contractor Safety
- Electrical Safety Related Work Practices
- Emergency Response Plan
- Forklift Operations (Powered Industrial Truck)
- Fall Protection
- Fire Safety/Fire Extinguishers
- Flammable Liquids Storage and Handling
- Hazard Communications
- Hearing Conservation
- Ladder Safety and Use
- Lockout Tagout
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Portable Power Tools
- Respiratory Protection
- Safe Lifting and Back Safety
- Rigging and Lifting
- Welding Safety
- Visitor Safety
National Safety Service has the skills and expertise to develop an extremely effective program for you within an expedited timetable. Best of all, we take the burden of developing a program that must hold up to scrutiny by OSHA off your shoulders.
Why not contact us for more information on this very popular service. Initial consultations are always free!